Sunday, January 9, 2011

An Entire Hand





Maycie turned five on Dec 4th. Five is an important birthday because it means when asked how old you are you can hold up an entire hand. Princesses are pretty important around these parts so it was appropriate that we had a princess party. Below is the castle cake that I enjoyed creating.

We invited lots of fun girls who all arrived at the party in there best princess attire. We at pizza, made gingerbread castles (I neglected to get pictures of those).
Here is the Happy Birthday cake time. When Maycie gets excited she shakes and her hands go up to her face as shown in the picture. What five year old wouldn't love a castle cake on their birthday.
Here the girls are working very intently on their princess crowns. Maycie received lots of fun gifts. And everyone went home with fun party favors that they had to find by playing hot and cold. All and all it was a fun day. I have to admit, though it was fun it was a lot of work, a bit more than I had anticipated. That likely won't keep me from doing it again next year however.

6 comments:

Mallory said...

Your cake turned out great! What a funny party!

Brenda said...

What an awesome cake! I bet Maycie loved it. What a sweet little girl.

The Thackers said...

I love your cake! I'm going to have to remember that one if I ever need to make a "princess" cake. Nice job. Sounds like the party was a complete success, at least that's what Esther said. I happened to see her right after the party. She loved it. :-)

Williams Family said...

What a great princess party! I love all your activities and especially the cake! So cute!

Amanda said...

You guys truly do have birthday season at your place. The kids looked like they had fun. I looked at your brother and sister-in-laws blog. I cried and cried. I know we never knew them, but we are sending prayers there way.

Kari C.White said...

Hey cute sista Folsom..what an adorable family you have!!! By the way, you look amazing! I read the story of your nephew Andrew. Thanks for sharing it, very touching. I hope the family is doing better.
I love this blogging world. I can keep in touch and see beautiful pics of you fam..come visit us when you can, we're still in Zion :)