Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Little Things




Last month we went to the church picnic to celebrate the pioneers. They had some fun 'old school' games like the stick pull. Kevin and I decided to go head to head. I figured he would win but I anticipated I would be able to have a few seconds of pulling. Instead the person said go and Kevin immediately launched me over his head. But I got my revenge when I purposely ran into him and took him out in the sack race. We have a good time together. Good memories

In life we sometimes hurry here and hurry there and don't think too much about what is going on in the lives of those around us. We or at least I tend to think more about the next thing on my list to do. But there are times when I am able to remind myself to stop and be still and look and feel and enjoy the moment. God put us here to experience life and learn to choose for ourselves but to also experience joy! Below is a picture of Maycie that makes me smile. Remember those summer days of riding bikes and just enjoying the freedom and sunshine? This is I think her first time experiencing cotton candy. She liked it! I liked seeing her experience this simple joy.


Nelson liked it too!

3 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Thanks for the reminder! It's all about the little things. You look great by the way! All that working out is really paying off! I made some rolls tonight - I wish you guys still lived next door so we could share! :)

Four Huffs said...

Hi friend! It's me, Terra...aka Sister Howard...aka your longest and most favorite companion. :-) Love your blog! Check us out at joshterrahuff.blogspot.com So fun to see your cute family, and holy cow your hair is dark. It looks darling, go figure!

Lindsey H. said...

That's one of the reasons I'm so excited to have children - because I love watching them experience things for the first time. They truly know how to enjoy the moment and I wish I could be more like that!