Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Right Hand

When I first told my mother that my first born would be a girl she told me to train her up well and she will be my right hand. After having ten kids and her first being a girl I supposed she knew what she was talking about. Two years passed and Nelson joined our family. I could not for a second leave Maycie alone with Nelson, she would try to roll him off the couch or bed. She would attempt to harm him in many ways. One of the difficult thing each day was keeping the new little guy safe.

I did not then see any reality in my mothers statment at that time. But lately I see from time to time how a firstborn girl becomes a 'mother hen' at times and mimics exactly what she is seeing. Below is Maycie doing one of her chores, folding towels. She is meticulous at this task. Perhaps there is truth to my mother's words!




1 comment:

Lindsey H. said...

Ooh...I'll keep that in mind now that I have my own little right-hand-in-training!