Sunday, July 17, 2011

Janie Girl!

Our little Jane is 20 months old today. It seems strange but tis' true. We can hardly call her baby Jane anymore. We finally got a new camera, our other has been on the blitz for awhile now. This afternoon I followed Jane around and tried to capture her little personality with our new camera. After just about every meal Jane comes back to help 'clean up'. She likes to eat the lefts overs, over and over again. She is my motivation to clean up quickly after meals. Here she is with a cob of corn after dinner tonight. She is my best eater to date!

Jane likes to point. She often will come to me and complain in her jibber jabbers about what one of her siblings is doing and she points to the culprit as she rats them out. It is pretty darn cute. She says lots of words. The word she says the most lately is OW. She often says it then comes to me to kiss her fingers. I hear ow about fifty times a day and it doesn't get old, it is cute every time. When asked what a cat says she replies " OOOOWWWW"! It is hands down her word as of late.
Kevin likes cookies and he especially likes Chocolate No-Bake cookies. He made some today. We typically sit with spoons and eat them before they have time to set up, we have no patience when it comes to sweets. Jane decided to for go the spoon today.

After eating 'trough style' she stood up and put her foot in a cookie. That was no problem for her she just ate if off of her foot. We were all dying laughing as we watched her.
Jane loves music and lately her favorite song has been 'The Dance' by Garth Brookes. She can be howling and Kevin starts to sing that song and she instantly stops and cuddles into his arms. It is a magical song. I should get it on video, you have to witness it to appreciate its effect.

Usually with the other kids by the time the youngest was 20 months old I am six months pregnant. It has been nice to really enjoy this age without being sick with a pregnancy.

When I was pregnant with Jane I had placenta previa and so there was high risk issues we were dealing with. During this time I asked Kevin for a blessing. This is something that is done in our church. It is where he places his hands upon my head and speaks a blessing. He blessed me that all would go fine with the pregnancy, that the doctors would do what they needed to in order to avoid problems and he also blessed that the new child would be a joy to our family. Jane has truly been a little joy to our family, collectively and individually. We are so happy to have her.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

She truly is a darling little girl!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I can't believe how big she is already. Wasn't I just reading about her birth or something?? Also yeah for not being sick. Oh I am longing for not feeling sick at the moment!