Thursday, August 11, 2011

Motherhood- Failblog


My son doesn't want to be potty trained. Just ask me and I will tell you all about how complacent he is about the whole thing. I will go on in detail about how nothing seems to stick to keep him motivated and about how grose the whole business is of potty training. I did just this to a friend at the park yesterday. Then as we were leaving the park Nelson saw other kids going potty at the park restrooms and said as we were in the frenzy of heading to the car to go, "Mom, I need to go potty." Instead of saying "Ok, lets go big guy" I looked at the park restroom and imagined how unappealing those places are. Not wanting to wrangle the one year old ( who was still screaming about having to leave the swing) in there while simulaneously keeping the walls from being painted by an unexperienced three year old. I responded with "Can you wait til' we get home?" Oh no I didn't. Yes I did. Sighing inside. I had just been talking about how complacent this kid was and just when he showed interest I squashed it! I cring just thinking about it. I am a mom with all the best intentions but despite all of them I fail, a lot.

So do I bemoun my imperfections? No! Well maybe a bit, like all the way home, and when I go to bed that night. But I have decided to do a retake. We are going to do a retake on potty training at our house and be more fresh and excited about how 'cool' this potty business really is. Retakes are a good thing. Below is a picture I got offline that makes me smile. Wouldn't these people like to do a retake.

3 comments:

The Davis Family said...

I can so relate to the complacent little boy with potty training! Carter took forever and we just took A LOT of breaks from it - it just wasn't worth the fight anymore. When I see the mom's that have their kids trained early it seems that it's usually just the mom that's trained, not really the kid. We still fight to get Carter to go to the bathroom, but at least he goes.Good luck and know that eventually it will happen!

The Thackers said...

Oh my. Love the retake photo. Hillarious.

The Thackers said...

PS- You are not a failure...not even close. I know what bathrooms you are talking about. They are indeed gross. I know because I took my little boy in there probably minutes before this whole scene unfolded. Believe me, you were wise to skip it and go home.