Sunday, July 31, 2011

'What a Guy Otta Do"

My dad often says "What a guy otta do..." followed by an idea to build or make something, or a guiness money making idea. We often say we ought to put all his ideas in a book. Sometimes he follows through with these guiness ideas and result is varied. He built/owns a homemade cannon that shoots bowling balls hundreds of yards up and forward. He also built this antique tractor that he proudly displays in parades and tractor shows etc. He now belongs to Spokane's Tractor Association. To celebrate Pioneer Day he led a little church parade in Spokane.

Notice the red rag in the back pocket, totally finishes the look! Love this guy, who could ask for a better dad.

All that is needed to complete this photo below is a pitch fork in my dad's hand and an apron on my mom! Can you believe my mom is 70 and my pa is 72 in October! They look so great!
My brother Chris and his wife Paula drove my Dad's model A car behing the tractor, which was pulling a trailer full of grand kids throwing out candy!
Maycie loved it! Her excitment is seen below!
My little man!
My blue eyed girl!
Here they are getting ready to lead the parade!
I love that my dad is so inventive and fun! He makes great memories!

1 comment:

The Thackers said...

Fun to see pictures of your parents! They sound like great people. I'm sure they are because you're pretty awesome and they had 10 others before you. Amazing.