Thursday, September 15, 2011

KiNdErGaRtEn

Our oldest child is in Kindergarten. This is a milestone! I didn't even cry putting her on the bus. (truth be told- I did cry on her first day of pre-school) Maycie has been excited for this day all summer long.

I think Maycie is a well prepared little kindergartener. She know her letters and sounds. She is getting the hang of sounding out words. Maycie especially likes numbers. She likes counting and adding up things. She is becoming more out going, especially this last year. Before Maycie started pre-school (age 3) she wouldn't hardly talk to anyone or let anyone but Mom and Dad touch her. She used to be a quiet little thing. Even her cry as a baby was relatively soft. Those days are long gone. At moments I miss those days. She loves to belt out original songs suddenly in the car, backyard and even in church. She is our little Maycie girl and we love her!


Maycie picked out this shirt all by herself. I was hoping for another one but she was so sold on this one I couldn't resist. She asked if she could sleep in it the night before. I told her it would get wrinkley and so she opted not to do that.
Maycie's hair has gotten especially long this summer. I have a personal policy that hair shouldn't be long enough to get in the way of business in the restroom. I am feeling that her hair is at a good stopping place for growth. But after trying to get her hair to grow long since birth I must say I now enjoy looking at the her long locks.
She looks so grown up sitting at her very own desk! Even the expression on her face is composed, especially for her! Ahhh how time flys.

2 comments:

Laura and crew said...

I love the classic Maycie poses! Shes such a fun girl with a great personality. I bet she takes kindergarten by storm!
P.S. Love that you documented the triple shoe shine. I wonder if Chad's ever considered using nylon when he shines...

The Davis Family said...

Crazy how time flies! It seems like just yesterday I was dropping dinner off at your house right after you had Maycie! Her hair is SO long! Very pretty! I am sure she will do great in Kindergarten!