Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nelson is Four!

On the 21st of November Nelson turned four. He has been talking about this day for a long time. On his birthday Nelson had some of his buddies over for cupcakes and games. It was very fun for me to see these little guys play games and interact. Whenever asked what he wanted for his birthday Nelson would reply " A Yo-Yo".

It is fun for me to think back on Nelson's four years. As a baby Nelson cried alot. I don't think he was initially too happy about being here. But he mellowed out and his dimples came out. He is very much so a mama's boy. He frequently comes to me for a snuggle or a hug. This morning I asked him if he was happy. He said he was. I asked him why he was happy. He said "Cause I wuv wu Mom." Made my heart melt.
Nelson is a big story teller. I only understand about 25% of the words he is saying in his stories. But he gets so animated and into what he is saying that I love watching him tell his tales. He is into heros and bad guys. He is into jumping high and moving fast. A typical four year old! We love him and are so happy he is in our family.

1 comment:

Laura and crew said...

I'm going to go through dimple withdrawals when you leave and I don't get to see little glimpses of Nelson anymore. He's definitely a keeper!