Thursday, June 17, 2010

Maycie's Brace

So Maycie has been limping around for about a week. Her Dr referred us to an orthopedic surgeon. This morning she had her appointment. He discovered that she has a little fracture on the inside of her femur by the knee. So she gets to wear a large brace on her leg. She hates it. But she is adapting. For example, swinging. You can see how she is discovering below that she wont be able to pump her legs. But she doesn't give up there.....


She figures out that by standing on the swing she can get going really high and still wear her brace.

She even is able to do the rope swing.

Considering how much Maycie likes to climb and jump she is lucky that this is all the more serious wounds she has had thus far. I have to say though that the brace is really pretty large and I am impressed that at four she is even putting up with it. She is a trooper!

7 comments:

CAMI said...

Yeah! You have a BLOG!!! Glad you commented on mine so I have yours! I cannot believe how big mace and Nielsen are now- I was just saying its been about two years since I saw Nielsen... He dose look like his Daddy. Sorry about Mace's Brace no fun! Jane is darling too- love the Daddy baby pictures! How old is she- I think you had her around the same time I had our Halli~ Sorry I wrote a Novel!

The Curtis Family said...

Oh no! So, there was something wrong! I hope she's doing okay...and that she doesn't need the brace for very long!

Williams Family said...

How sad! But I love her impish smile in that last photo. Glad the fracture isn't slower her down much!

Amanda said...

Oh the pains...Daphne just got out of a full leg cast about two weeks ago. I hope it goes well for you guys.

Lindsey H. said...

Love how creative she is!

The Thackers said...

She is such a cute little girl! I'm glad she is adapting well to life with the brace. Hopefully, it won't last too long.

The Davis Family said...

Talk about determination! I think she got that from her mom. :) That's too bad that she had actually fractured something - I was hoping it was nothing. That does look like a huge brace, but Maycie is a trooper!