Sunday, July 31, 2011

Raspberry Fingers!

My mother has always kept, for as long as I can remember, a large raspberry patch. I have memories of having to get up early before the day got hot and pick raspberries for several hours. We used to put the raspberries on our fingers. I know there is a picture just like the one below of my brother doing the same thing as Nelson. These are not your dainty little raspberries. These are your bonified 'big ones'.
Check the dimple, love this boy!
Maycie is a diligent raspberry picker, this is her second year in a row. She stuck right with Grandma til' the job was done. She was very careful to only pick the ripe ones. She gave me strict instructions as to which ones those were. They had to be red, not pink.
How cute is this, Grandma Folsom and Maycie picking raspberries together, totally brings back memories. However, truth be told I did not enjoy picking like Maycie did, I used to evade this chore like no other.

3 comments:

Lindsey H. said...

Ooh...just reminded me I need to pick a bunch of raspberries still!

Monica said...

Yum! I have great memories of picking raspberries every 4th of July at my great grandmothers house in Coeur d'Alene!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of the yummy raspberries right now :) Fun stuff.